martes, 3 de mayo de 2016

One of my favorite artists: James Turrell



Today I’m going to write about an artist that I discovered last year. His name is JamesTurrell. He  is an American artist primarily concerned with light and space.I won’t describe an artwork in particular, because the things I like about this artist are present in many of his works: The colored lights and the loos of space. I like his work because you’re part of it, you can walk through. You live the work,and it becomes an experience. because he plays with the space and the perception. You lose the notion of the scale, the depth, and the limits. You are like floating in a purple light, yellow or any color.I think it’s easy for a person who doesn’t know about art to interpret the artwork, because it’s easy to feel something when you’re part of the installation like this.In general I like sculptures that you can be part of it. I think the reason that I like this is because I study architecture, I usually think in projects that you can walk through obviously, and you live an experience similar to James Turell’s work, that the most important part is the experience of each person.





5 comentarios:

  1. it maybe something like a MIM museum in section of Experience Light xD
    that work looks like very ambitious. i want be there!

    ResponderBorrar
  2. I really like the "sensitive art", it´s a complete experience

    ResponderBorrar
  3. Cool! I didn't know of this artist but his works surely look very interesting! Thanks for sharing this awesome kind of art haha

    ResponderBorrar
  4. I never heard about he, but the use of the lights (?) is amazing

    ResponderBorrar
  5. This kind of art remembered the video Hotline bling by Drake, anyway I really like the work of James.

    ResponderBorrar